Latest Creations

I purchased some very cheap and soft towels from Target this past week to make a hooded towel for Brody.  The towel was $3.99 and the hand towel was $2.99.  Since you cut the hand towel in half, you could buy two towels to one hand towel to create two hooded towels (for a total of $10.97 plus tax).  Not a bad deal.  That’s less than $5.50 per hooded towel and they make a great gift!  I followed an easy tutorial.

I had some frog fabric on hand, so decided to use that as an accent for the hood of the towel.  I think it turned out cute.  Made it a bit more personal and definitely looks more hand made.  Now all I have to do is try it out. :)

And last week, I went to my friends house (thanks Lauren for your help) and she showed me how to make a tutu for my 4-year-old niece.  My niece loves to play dress up.  I can’t wait to see my niece in this tutu.  It was so simple to make (just very tedious).

So, there you have it.  My latest creations.  Next on my list (and this won’t happen until mid December), is making a quilt out of the onesies that Brody wore his first year (what memories).  I got them out this past week and some of them are so tiny!  He hasn’t wore a onesie since he was 11-months and now looks like such a big kid with his shirts and pants.  He’s growing up so fast and this quilt will be one way to preserve his first year.  Here is a picture of someone else’s onesie quilt that I’m going to try to copy using these fabrics (see below).

Creations

8 Comments

1. I remember making those hooded towels for my little ones. They are so much better than the store bought ones. I have been saving Elliana’s shirts she outgrows to use in a quilt, smart minds think alike :)

Amy

Nov 13 at 3:20 pm

2. How fun to make a shirt quilt out of Elliana’s shirts. I can’t wait to see that!!!

jan

Nov 13 at 4:06 pm

3. OMG- that tutu is adorable. I have to learn that to. Ak–my list is getting longer for creativity. You are such the inspiration.

and that is such an awesome idea for onesies.

Shirt quilts are so popular.

Rachel

Nov 13 at 11:20 pm

4. I wish we lived closer. I’d pass on what I learned from Lauren to you. It’s SO, SO easy!!!

jan

Nov 14 at 8:53 am

5. They were pricing the hooded towels at Saybrook’s ME church bazaar last Sat. night at $15!! That’s where Nathan’s family attends. A 95-year-old great-aunt takes the money, and his grandmother was there all day helping with the big turkey meal! She’s older than I am! They have even taken care of Sidney for a whole day–14 hours.
    One time they pulled him around in a wagon with one of them using a cane and the other a walker.

gg

6. Wow! $15 for a hooded towel. That’s great that they get that much for one. Go Grannies! :) And holy cow…pulling Sidney around in a wagon with a cane and walker. Now that’s great grandparenting. :)

jan

Nov 15 at 7:50 pm

7. I forgot to add that the grandmother sat with me to eat Sat. night and I told her that when I heard the story about their babysitting, for Nathan and Jena to NOT get
    “any ideas!”

Jena got gas for me one late aft. and he wanted to see outside and started to run away toward the street. When I told him to STOP, he did, but….oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!

GG

8. Yeah, I wouldn’t be up for watching someone’s child for that long. And definitely “Oh my!!!” with running toward the street.

jan